word

firebirdb 12:29 18 Mar 07

cannot access "word" from bottom task bar the icon just vanished comes up with message "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed" (all this came about after installing "firefox")would just like to access "word" again

can you access word from the start menu if you can just create a shortcut on your desk top

VoG II 12:33 18 Mar 07

What happens if you go to Start, Run, enter

winword.exe

and click OK.

firebirdb 12:37 18 Mar 07

when entering winword.exe pc replies cannot find make sure it was typed correctly

chub_tor 12:38 18 Mar 07

Is Word or Office listed in Start, All Programmes, or even in Control Panel Add/Remove Programmes ie has it accidentally been removed or is it that the task bar icon can't find it? You could also Start, Search, All Files and Folders for Word.exe or winword.exe to see if it is still available. If you can find the programme again you can simply drag it back to the taskbar.

firebirdb 12:51 18 Mar 07

it is still in the pop up tool bar from bottom of screen but represented by a white square with blue line accross top with 3 white dots on it....i can access "word" now thro' start , my documents, but icon is shown as "notepad with a red letter "A" on it

chub_tor 14:34 18 Mar 07

If you can open documents in Word via My Documents then Word is installed on your PC. Word should be listed in Start, All Programs either as a stand alone entry or as part of Office. If you can find it in All Programs then you can drag a copy of it onto the taskbar or onto the Desktop and then onto the task bar. Then delete the old Notepad icon with the red A on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…