Word 2007 - slow

IntoPCs 14:28 24 Feb 08

Something has changed on my PC over the last week that has caused Word to really slow down. There is a 20-30 second delay between the Word window opening and a new document appearing. The same sort of thing happens when I close Word - click the cross and the document closes immediately, but Word takes a further 20-30 seconds to close.
Has anyone had similar experience or any ideas what might have caused it?
Thanks

VoG II 14:35 24 Feb 08

This sort of thing can happen if the default document template has become corrupt.

Do a search for normal.doT using the option to search for hidden files and folders. Rename it to normal.old then try starting Word.

IntoPCs 15:19 24 Feb 08

This highlighted another poblem with the PC (Vista). When I navigated to the folder containing normal.dotm I kept gettin the message 'Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to restart' (or something like that). I couldn't actually get to rename it; so I re-booted into XP and renamed it there. It definitely starts a little quicker now, but not as it it used to and still takes an age to close.
Any other ideas?

Graham. 15:37 24 Feb 08

Which did it for me. Worth checking the Journalising feature in Outlook click here

IntoPCs 11:10 01 Mar 08

I had loaded Learning Essentials for Microsoft Office Add-on and now I have uninstalled it everything is back to normal

Marko797 11:37 01 Mar 08

this also solved the problem which I had. Office now opens in rapid time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac