word 2007 recent documents display

march 15:35 01 Apr 09

In Microsoft office word 2007 under word options, advanced, display, ‘show number of recent documents’ I set the count to 0 (zero) click ok but then when I come to using word again the option has reverted to 17. Why does this happen & how can I get it to stay as zero?

Woolwell 16:41 01 Apr 09

I'm sorry but I cannot replicate your problem on my copy of Word 2007. You could try Office Diagnostics.

brambles 18:38 01 Apr 09

March I've just experimented Options/Advanced/Display - I was displaying 17 I altered it to 10 - no problem. Then I reduced to 5 and finally reduced to 0 I also use Office 2007

Brambles

march 20:16 02 Apr 09

yes brambles

I can change mine from any number & it will stay as the chosen number while I have pc on but after I shutdown & then come to using word again it's reset itself to 17 again cannot figure (no pun intended)out why I would have thought it should stay as 0 if thats what I'd chosen previously before I shutdown it's not a problem as such just flaming annoying.

DeeGee 16:52 21 Oct 10

My problem is this - no recent documents are displayed. On checking Options/Advanced/Display the facility to set the counter is greyed out - this function not available. Microsoft have been very helpful but unable to rectify the problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling the programme does not help.

john bunyan 17:01 21 Oct 10

I found no previous documents were being displayed in spte og defalt 17. Then I found latest CCleaner deletes Office 2007 by default in Applications setting. have now changed it but have not tested.

john bunyan 17:04 21 Oct 10

Yes, now it displays previous documents.Have unticked the box for MS Office 2007 in CCleaner Applications.
Sorry to intrude on this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…