word 2007 opens up wth certified toolbar

roadrunner63 29 Mar 13

Hello again.

I recently sought help in removing 'certified toolbar'(browser hijacking malware)from my home web page, & after following the advice of an advisor, was eventually able to delete it.

Or at least I thought so, until 3 days ago, when I opened up Microsoft word 2007,& lo & behold...'certified toolbar'!

How the hell that got there, I really don't know or understand. I am aware that it's very clever at hiding itself in the system...but word??? It would really be oh so nice to see the back of this s* virus once & for all.

Once again, if anyone knows how to deal with this problem, their help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance, for any help & assistance offered.

Sincerely

roadrunner63

Woolwell 30 Mar 13

How did you open word? If from a shortcut icon it is possible that the virus (certified toolbar) is linked to the icon. Delete the shortcut icon and create a new one.

roadrunner63 31 Mar 13

Hi Woolwell,

Thanks for getting back to me yesterday.

In my haste, I should have mentioned that I click start on Menu button, & from there click on word.

Hope this helps.

I also read from your answer, that IF it wasn't/isn't in a short cut, that it may be I would/will have to delete word, & re-install?

Yours Sincerely

roadrunner63

Woolwell 01 Apr 13

Have a look at the properties of the Word shortcut from start by right clicking on it. It is possible that the exe file has been changed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message