Word 2007 / office 2007

spike47 11:35 01 May 09

Hi

I want to purchase Word 2007 for my grandaughter for college work , I have done some searches and I can get , Word 2007 OEM Win32, 1pk, EN-059-06762 , quite cheaply , or I can purchase Microsoft Office Standard 2007 through a student purchase .

Word on its own will do but I am not sure of the descriptin , ie WIN 32 , she has xp sp2 on her pc , and the office standard version , is there a lot of difference in the full version .

any help would be highly appreciated .

cheers

Bagsey 15:45 01 May 09

Why not use OPen Office it is FREE and does the same job and is compatable with MS Office.
Get it here.
click here

Marko797 15:57 01 May 09

a recent thread on here stated they could get MS Office 2007 for something like £50, thru the student scheme. Well worth it to my mind, and a steal at that price.

Not tried Open Office, but whilst it might be 'compatible' with MSO, it might not be 'comparable' from a quality point of view. Depends what ur gdaughter wants really.

Bagsey 17:28 01 May 09

Open Office is every bit as good as MSO. It is like any other software it takes a little time and effort to learn its usage. But to save even £50.00 it has to be worth the effort.

Woolwell 17:43 01 May 09

Most colleges tend to use MS Office which is why Word 2007 is likely to be the preferred option.
The student purchase is the best route to get MS Office.

DieSse 00:14 02 May 09

Public Institutions should not (IMO)

a) be spending money on software where viable free and open source alternatives exist.

b) using software which produces output in proprietary formats, when perfectly capable open formats exist.

Open Office is very capable software, and perfectly viable as an alternative to MS Office. It is even arguably easier to move from earlier MSOffice versions to OO than to MSO2007.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…