Huawei P10 review
OK...this may sound hard to believe, but this is the second time it's happened, so now I have to figure out what's going on. I had a Word document that I had worked on for a couple of days. At 1:26 today I did a final save and then emailed the document to a co-worker. At 1:30 we started a 2 hour conference call during which I made many, many changes to the document. Several times (at least 12) during the call I clicked on the Save icon. Once the call was over, I saved one last time and went to attach the document in another email so my coworker could see my changes. But, the attached document contained none of my changes! I went out into the folder where the document resides, and it's last change time was 1:26, when it should have been 3:35! I've searched my entire hard drive for all files changed today, and this file was out there once, saved at 1:26. Why is this happening, and is there anywhere I might find my lost work? I never received any type of message when I performed all of those saves...everything appeared to be normal. I am at a loss here...I'm certainly not new to computers and I feel as if I'm losing my mind! (I'm using Word 2007 and XP SP2.)
Any thoughts or suggetions are very much appreciated!
Also scan for viruses - there was an old one called johnniebgoode or similar that caused exactly this behaviour.
Thanks for the response...I am on a coprorate network that uses McAfee anti-virus and they supposedly keep their definitions very current. After seeing your message though, I did report it to our IT department, so we'll see what they have to say.
Is it possible that you called up the Word document in question to edit it by opening the attachment in your "Sent" email, rather than from wherever it is saved on your PC? In which case while it would have given every appearance that your edits were being saved as you went along, once you had shut it down, they would all be lost, and you would have been left with the Word document as you originally sent it. And as it happens, this comes from somebody who has done just the same more than once!
Anything is possible, but I'm 99.9% sure that I still had the document open from prior to sending the email. I also just tested that, and when the document is opened from an email, I'm prompted to save the document with a different name. I was never presented with this prompt yesterday.
I just talked with our IT department and they suggested that there is an issue with Adobe Acrobat 7. While this article doesn't exactly describe my issue (I was making changes to the verbiage in the document, not macros, fonts, etc.) we implemented its workaround. We'll see what happens.
I tried like crazy yesterday to recreate this, but couldn't. So there will be no way to know if this worked unless it never happens again.
Thanks again to all who responded!
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.