Word 2007 - another page numbering question

sheila.weston 14:16 30 Dec 09

I am inserting page numbers into my large documant and have found a page where there appear to be two pages on top of each other. When I click in the footer area there are two tabs saying 'same as previous' and 'even page footer'.

It appears that there are two pages on top of each other. Likewise the page numbering in the word window jumps a page.

Any suggestions? Thanks, as always.

howard64 14:22 31 Dec 09

this could be a corruption within words normal.dot. Having not used word 2007 I assume it still uses normal.dot but do not know. Search for normal.dot and if you find it rename it to normal.old. Start word and it should make a new normal.dot and with luck all will be ok with that document. If not you can always delete the new normal and rename the old one.

sheila.weston 20:36 01 Jan 10

Yes, I think that you are right, howard 64. Funniy enough the problem has corrected itself without me doing anything, although it had been recurring over the days before I asked for help. Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…