Word 2003 and update "fields"...but not "fields"..

If any of you have a moment to consider this I would be grateful. Not a huge problem and I am sure I have done it in the past but just cannot think how.

The problem: A Letter / document etc. In the body it refers to a seperate "bundle" of documents for example "Item 1"..."Item 16" etc.

The thing is, the letter is being updated and so are the associated documents (with additional docs as well) So that what was the say third associated document now becomes the forth as another document has been inserted into the other bundle. Do you see where I am comming from?

In other words, what starts out as ten seperate documents refered to in the main letter now becomes 11. What I want to do is to change all the references to the seperates documents in the main letter automatically, so where 3 becomes 4 each time 3 appears in the main letter it is changed to 4 as are all the other sequential document references.

Not sure if I explained that too well, but any thoughts would be welcome...even if only to ask for clarification!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…