Word 2003 Problem

Mad Gilbert 21:54 31 Oct 06

I recently bought a laptop off a friend- a HP NX6125 and I have Word 2003 on it and Credential Manager which is part of HP ProtectTools came with it.

Unfortunately I can't save my work in Word a lot of the time. If I open an existing document I can (although sometimes it says documents are encrypted when they're not), but if I create a new doc and try to save it it tells me I have to log on to credential manager.

When I do log on to credential manager it still doesn't work saying "You do not have necessary permissions to use this functionality. please contact your system administrator". I'm logged into windows as an administrator. I'm thinking of removing credential manager from the machine completely.

Help?

Scouter 22:13 31 Oct 06

Not sure if you would be able to remove Credential Manager

click here

I could be wrong,no doubt I am.

Mad Gilbert 22:34 31 Oct 06

Hmm, I'm not sure either come to that, thanks for that!

I've actually found a workaround in the meantime- I can choose 'Save as Webpage', then change the file type back to .doc.

Still, any suggestions as to how to get it working properly again would be much appreciated :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…