word 2003 not overwriting highlighted words.

ettacake 23:38 14 Oct 05

Since I had Microsoft word 2003 installed in XP windows every time I am in Microsoft word and wish to change a word or sentence, when I highlight it and then type, my original word, letter or sentence just moves forward and I have to delete it. It is a bit of a nuisance when you are in a hurry and I wondered if this was standard on 2003. I have tried everything I can think of but still it persists. Has anyone else encountered this and how did they fix it? Ettacake

pj123 11:10 15 Oct 05

Try Tools, Options, Edit and check there is a tick in the box "Typing replaces selection"

ettacake 23:49 15 Oct 05

I would like tom say thank you for resolving the issue but would like to add a rider just in case someone else has encountered this. When I did as suggested without having typed anything it did not work and I had to type in something highlight it then do as suggested and that worked. Thanks again, Ettacake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…