Word 2003 - "L" shaped margin guides

Ptolemy 18:33 12 Oct 06

A few weeks ago someone posted a thread about getting "L" shaped position markers on blank Word pages.

I only looked at the first few responses and it seemed that everyone was baffled.

Like some posters I was sure I'd had the same thing and played around trying replicate it - without success.

Now I have them by accident. It's very annoying.

Did anyone ever find out how to turn it off?

Eric10 18:46 12 Oct 06

I think this is what you are referring to click here

Eric10 18:54 12 Oct 06

Unless of course you have ticked 'Text boundaries' under Tools, Options, View tab.

Ptolemy 19:01 12 Oct 06

Eric10 - just played about with it and ticking "Text Boundries" gives me a dotted outline around the text space - however, the "Asian Typography" that I never used to have combined with the info from the link you posted might explain things.

I haven't got asian languages installed, so I'm going to install them and remove and see if that sorts it.

Ptolemy 19:06 12 Oct 06

Actually was much easier to read the webpaged you linked properly.

Microsoft Office Folder - MS Office Tools - Language settings - turn off Chinese - although i don't know why it was on.

Ptolemy 19:07 12 Oct 06

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…