Word 2003 copy problem

malcolm46 25 Oct 11

I'm using microsoft word 2003. If I go to an online article and swipe and select copy for body text of said text, then go to word and right click to select PASTE from menu it's greyed out. If I go to article again, and right click the same still highlighted text and re-copy it will now have the paste command available. Anyone have a clue about this.

BRYNIT 25 Oct 11

I think the problem is the way the web page has been formatted.

Have you tried selecting paste special and selecting the option unformatted text.

northumbria61 25 Oct 11

The clipboard may be corrupted, or disabled. When you copy something it copy's it to the Clipboard so that you can paste it later. Check to see that the Clipboard service is enabled. Go to START , RUN, Type Services.msc. Look for clipboard and make sure its automatic, and enabled, and started. If it is. then you may need to try something else - it's unlikely but it could be a problem with your mouse.

mgmcc 25 Oct 11

Sometimes if Paste isn't available in the right-click context menu, the Ctrl+V key press will work.

malcolm46 25 Oct 11

Thanks guys for the quick replies, northumbria61 got it right, it was disabled in services, all ok now. Again thanks for the speed, Malcolm

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message