Word 2003 copy problem

malcolm46 10:51 AM 25 Oct 11

I'm using microsoft word 2003. If I go to an online article and swipe and select copy for body text of said text, then go to word and right click to select PASTE from menu it's greyed out. If I go to article again, and right click the same still highlighted text and re-copy it will now have the paste command available. Anyone have a clue about this.

BRYNIT 11:09 AM 25 Oct 11

I think the problem is the way the web page has been formatted.

Have you tried selecting paste special and selecting the option unformatted text.

northumbria61 11:11 AM 25 Oct 11

The clipboard may be corrupted, or disabled. When you copy something it copy's it to the Clipboard so that you can paste it later. Check to see that the Clipboard service is enabled. Go to START , RUN, Type Services.msc. Look for clipboard and make sure its automatic, and enabled, and started. If it is. then you may need to try something else - it's unlikely but it could be a problem with your mouse.

mgmcc 11:54 AM 25 Oct 11

Sometimes if Paste isn't available in the right-click context menu, the Ctrl+V key press will work.

malcolm46 18:15 PM 25 Oct 11

Thanks guys for the quick replies, northumbria61 got it right, it was disabled in services, all ok now. Again thanks for the speed, Malcolm

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites