Word 2003 and the Brother Hl1230 Laser

Les 16:44 14 Sep 05

As my young neighbour couldn't print a sheet holding a border and using Word 2000 I trued to do a couple of sheets on my computer using Word 2003, She wanted the squiggly (double wavy) line as the border - it wouldn't print that! It does however print any variety of the straight lines!!

Anyone know what is happening?

Gongoozler 17:37 14 Sep 05

Hi Les. See if this is relevant. click here

Les 17:53 14 Sep 05

Thanks. I'm afraid not. Everything else prints OK. ie:- straight lines, dotted lines etc. but not the wavy ones.

A thought suddenly hit me (like it does now and then 8-)) ) that a few days ago I updated the printer driver - perhaps that is the culprit - I'll reinstall the orginal software again.

Les 21:59 14 Sep 05

This problem although not resolved is no longer of concern. Perhaps you noticed my other post regarding Word 2000 where I complained that although the actual page on screen showed the wavy border, the Preview Screen didn't. That turned out to be easily rectified by changing the page size from A4 to Letter ( Klof Ron's solution).

It's very unlikely that I will use this border in the future.

Many thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…