Word 2003

Les 21:27 21 May 06

A problem with Word has just cropped up. Whilsr editing a 330 page document - the pages shown change to half that number and all the data is contained upon them. I cannot think what caused this - whether I did something or whether it's a glitch. Can anyone help save this document - I shudder at the thought of doing it all again!

VoG II 21:30 21 May 06

I don't quite understand. Is everything still there?

Les 21:57 21 May 06

Thanks for the quick answer VoG™.

Yes, everything, but on half the page, ie:- each page is twice as deep (like double A4 in height!)

Les 21:59 21 May 06

On half the pages! 161 to be exact! Just having a look at the font size to see if that has, somehow halved. Back in a tick.

VoG II 21:59 21 May 06

Go to File > Page Setup > Paper tab and make sure that A4 is selected.

watchful 22:00 21 May 06

Firstly, make sure you save it!

VoG II 22:03 21 May 06

That's too much like common sense for me ;o)

Les 22:04 21 May 06

Print sizes haven't altered. The margins have altered so that the text covers the whole width of the page. Putting them back merely lengthens the documentas a whole. Never seen that before - though, in truth, neither have I had a 332 page document before either.

VoG II 22:05 21 May 06

Actually, if stuff has disappeared DON'T save it!

VoG II 22:07 21 May 06

The Rulers must have changed.

Les, if this doesn't contain state secrets you can send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Les 22:08 21 May 06

One good piece of news for me is that Worde itself has saved temporary files, the latest contained som 267 pages (and they are OK). That's a relief in itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…