WORD 2002 xp home

farley 11:28 14 Jan 03
  farley 11:28 14 Jan 03

I have just opened word and it has opened on a blank document 3 should it not open on a new blank doc if so how do I correct the problem

TA
FARLEY

VoG™ 11:50 14 Jan 03

Are you sure it hasn't opened 3 documents? Look on the Window menu to see what documents are listed.

mark3110 11:55 14 Jan 03

if you have previously saved documents as Documents 1 and 2 then it would follow that the next one would be Doc 3. Check the folder where you store your docs and rename the Doc 1 and 2 files.

regards

Mark

farley 12:03 14 Jan 03

voG
in windows menu it says doc 1 is doc3?

farley 12:04 14 Jan 03

mark3310
i have'nt saved any previous docs
any other ideas
ta
FARLEY

huzzar 12:10 14 Jan 03

There is no reason why your Word XP should start at document 3 - it doesn't make sense. Try doing a " detect and repair" from the Help menu and see if that fixes it.

mark3110 12:13 14 Jan 03

Hmmmmm all I can think of is that you create a new normal.dot file. This file saves all you default first doc information. If you do a search and delete normal.dot a new one will be created when you start up word, this may solve the problem. On the other hand, is it really a problem? Documents are normally saved with a name of your choosing anyway.

regards

Mark

Sir Radfordin™ 12:22 14 Jan 03

When you create a blank docuemnt from a template such as normal.dot Word gives it a name to identify it - document X (where x is a number.)

In previous version of Word it will only continue this number sequence until you close Word, and then revert back to 1 next time you open Word.

I think, though could be wrong as I don't have access to XP at the moment, that it doesn't do this but will continue the number sequence until the computer is rebooted.

Really don't think there is anything for you to worry about here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…