//some 3rd party need geo

Word 2002 - Office XP Update

alura 22:01 12 Feb 04

Hello all,
Periodically, my word 2002 application has been terminating on its own.The Event viewer revealed the following error message with event ID 1000:

"Faulting application winword.exe, version 10.0.2627.0, faulting module winword.exe, version 10.0.2627.0, fault address 0x002dbff8."

I later downloaded the Office XP Service Pack 1 update, but got a final "Unsuccesful intallation message", eventhough I used the correct product CD when requested.

Any assistance in resolving this problem will be appreciated.

VoG II 22:06 12 Feb 04

Try Detect and Repair from the Help menu.

alura 23:20 12 Feb 04

Thanks. I did try the Detect and Repair from the Help menu, but the problem with word 2002 crashing intermittently persists. So what else should I do?

Cheers,
Alura

JIM 00:08 13 Feb 04

you have tried what most would do and i would normaly suggest you uninstall/reinstall and update again. Looking around produced the following that makes sense to me if having problems.And part 5 not so terrifying.

Part 5 and 6 but go through the list:)

click here

you could try the registry key.

Ensure that Word is closed. You'll be opening the Windows Registry Editor. You may have read that this is dangerous, and that can be true.

Normally, we would backup your registry to be safe, but we're going to rename only your Word key.

The new Word key that gets created in the registry can be deleted, and the old one renamed back to its original name if necessary, but this is highly unlikely.

If you follow the instructions exactly, you will not have a problem.

Start-->Run and type:

regedit

Hit your Enter key. As you might browse folders in Windows Explorer, browse to the appropriate path:

For Word XP

hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office\10.0\word

If you are unable to find this folder, or do not understand how to find it, then you should stop here and get support over the phone or in person.

Once you have found the path, right click the Word folder, hit Rename and rename it to OldWord. Hit Enter, and then exit the Registry Editor; and then relaunch Word. If this still has not resolved the problem,Once you have found the path, right click the Word folder, hit Rename and rename it to OldWord. Hit Enter, and then exit the Registry Editor; and then relaunch Word. If this still has not resolved the problem, move on to Step 6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…