Word 2002 Inserting Internet Picture Problem

carlh365 15:05 05 Feb 03

Can anyone help me please?,
I have just bought a new PC and when I try to copy/save a picture and put it into Word 2002 nothing happens.

I have never had a problem like this with any of my old PC's so whats going on?

Thanks
Carl

Ben Avery (Work) 15:13 05 Feb 03

Having just uninstalled Office XP 2002 duringf a reboot and only running 2000 Pro at the mo I cannot call it up on the screen but I believe the process is the same for all.

There should be a "Picture [From File]" option on the "Insert" tab which should insert JPEG and BITMAP images. Otherwise, convert the picture to a JPEG (JPG) using your imaging software then try it again. I think Word may be fussy as to the formats it accepts.

BA

SpyMan²°°­­³ 15:18 05 Feb 03

Have you got a firewall installed?

When i installed my firewall for the first time, when i tried inserting a picture my firewall asked me if i wanted to allow MS Word access to the internet. I said no to see what it would do...and no picture was inserted until i enabled Word to have access to the internet.

It might be worth checking. I have a feeling you have norton personal firewall installed. Just a guess

carlh365 15:34 05 Feb 03

How Do I find out if I have a firewall installed?

Carl

P.s. I installed Norton Anti Virus when I first booted up my pc.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 12:31 06 Feb 03

If you are running Windows XP, that has a firewall incorporated in it. You will know if you have a firewall cos you will have installed it, try hovering over your systray icons at the bottom right of your screen.

Are you running two antivirus applications at once? Such as PC-cillin and norton?

BRYNIT 13:07 06 Feb 03

In word go to insert/picture/from file, go to the file picture is stored, click on picture and then on insert

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…