Word 2002 error message

Channel 21:43 29 May 09

This last few weeks,Word has slowed down,but, more annoyingly,often when it starts to open, it displays this error message then closes.It doesn't always happen, just about half the time.
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program----WINWORD.EXE
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact--" I've tried repairing the program from Add/Remove programs, but it hasn't helped.I've got rid of unnecessary programs, and used Ashampoo Winoptimiser to clean up.No joy.I have Windows XP.Should I uninstall/reinstall Word to see if it helps, or is there something else I could try ? I tried to see if Microsoft support had anything, but found nothing.

Ex plorer 00:36 30 May 09

Hi Found this in MS support hope it helps
click here

Channel 20:22 30 May 09

Thank you;I didn't at first think it would help as the error message stopped Word opening at all, rather than appearing at close.Also,I've had the Works add-on for Word ever since I had my PC, with no problem until now.Anyway, I created a Restore point,and uninstalled the Works add-on.It's worked- at least so far !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…