Word 2002

wetterfugal? 18:58 24 Jun 03

I have recently reformatted to NTFS and reinstalled MS Office XP. I find now that I have no office shortcut bar facility.

I have tried Start/Programs/MS Office Tools/
(No MS shortcut bar listed) Nor can I find MSOffice.exe. I have reinstalled but it is still missing.

misery 19:55 24 Jun 03

have MSOffice either but I do have all the individual sections listed, i.e. MSExcel; MSWord, MSOutlook etc., on the Start>All Programs

bremner 20:04 24 Jun 03

I haven't used 2002 but on 2000 it was an option during loading.

I now have an entry under in All Programs of 'Microsoft Office Tools'. That has the option to install the Toolbar. Perhaps 2002 is the same?

jazzypop 20:53 24 Jun 03

It is

wetterfugal? 21:13 24 Jun 03

I have Installed it before and there was no specific option, I just accepted default that worked OK, the other was customise. The first time I installed I did as I did with Word 97 and double clicked the MSoffice.exe but now I can't find it though a search on the CD revealed it in a cab file.

Djohn 21:19 24 Jun 03

Have you checked the start menu carefully? The quick start bar comes under "Office tools" and on my menu is much further up than the Office programs. j.

wetterfugal? 22:08 24 Jun 03

As you say, The MS Tools are higher on the Quickstart bar, included are these tools, Activate Product - MS Access snapshot Viwer - MS Clip Organiser - MS Office Application Recovery - MS Document Imaging - MS Document Scanning - MS Office Language Settings and Save my Settings Wizard. No MS Office Shortcut Bar.

I might try Appliction Recovery and if that don't work I will try another reinstall.

I seems to be on the CD but it is not loading.

Djohn 22:18 24 Jun 03

I'm reasonably sure that if you go to add/remove programs and highlight "Office", then click on the "Change" button this will give you the option to replace/remove/add programs.

You should then be able to click your way down the menu and select the shortcut bar, and add it to your set-up. I believe you will need your Office CD in the drive to do this, good luck. j.

wetterfugal? 23:45 24 Jun 03

I wondered what that "Change" button was for, it's not very self descriptive and I never read up unless I need too. I could spend weeks ploughing through XP.

Thank I will try it, Regards VA

wetterfugal? 01:34 25 Jun 03

I decided to give the disk a clean again and reinstall for the third time, they say third time luck and it was. The Office Shortcut Bar is back on the Office Tools Menu and I have installed and all is well, Regards VA

Djohn 01:41 25 Jun 03

Excellent news, well done. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…