Word 2000 - unwanted page break

w_r_fox 18:49 01 Jan 03
  w_r_fox 18:49 01 Jan 03

A document ends high up on a page; but Word insists on adding a blank new page at the end. I can't delete the unwanted page break.

You need to view the page in "normal" view and you will see the page break. Hover the pointer above it and double click to highlight and then delete.

Ender 19:01 01 Jan 03

At the risk of insulting you, have you clicked to "Show Paragraph Markings"?

If you have, does it actually show a page break?

w_r_fox 19:10 01 Jan 03

Ender; yes, there certainly is a page break; and Smiffy99, it won't delete.

In this particular case the document is in columns, ending (on purpose)with a continuous break. Then follows the unwanted page break. Does that help?

recap 19:26 01 Jan 03

Place your cursor at the end of the wanted document, hold down the mouse button and drag all the way down, (this should highlight the unwanted page)then just press delete.

Ender 19:26 01 Jan 03

Without being able to see the document, its a bit difficult with my limited knowledge to give an answer, I usually play with the thing until it gets sorted.
But, have a look at the vertical ruler, is the majority of the ruler area white, or greyed out.

I'm happy for you to send the doc to me, I'll get my other half to have a butchers, she's pretty good with Word.

w_r_fox 11:10 02 Jan 03

OK; File - Page Set up - Layout; this gave an automatic page break for a new section. Unchecked that, and all is OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…