Word 2000 - Printing in reverse

TonyV 20:50 16 Mar 03

I need to set Word up to print in reverse. i.e. start at the last page. My printer is HP930C and it is set to print in reverse order. In Word, I have set it to print in reverse order. But it never does. When you are printing 90 pages of a manuscript it is a pain to re-sort them!! It works fine in Word Pro. Any ideas?

Thanks

TonyV

AndyJ 21:25 16 Mar 03

If you have both your printer and Word set to "reverse print" surely one will undo the other i.e. Word will reverse print and then the printer will reverse print the reverse print (hope that makes sense???). Deselect the reverse print option for your hardware.

misters 21:48 16 Mar 03

Dont know much about word reverse printing, but when i usally want something to print in reverse i just tick the collate button after pressing print from the file menu.

DieSse 21:55 16 Mar 03

On my HP940, I went to Properties - Printing Preferences - Layout - Page Order - Front to Back.

Works just how you say you want.

DieSse 22:00 16 Mar 03

PS - I think AndyJ has hit the nail on the head tho'.

TonyV 13:58 17 Mar 03

AndJ, misters band DieSse.

Thanks for your comments. I must confess I had not thought about one cancelling the other one out. I will do as you say and show the Reverse Print order in only one area. Hardware or Software.

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5