Word 2000, Normal View, won't use full page.

myfoot 12:38 13 Jun 07

Don't use it too much myself, but a friend was over this week using it and noticed something.

When using it in "normal view" the page size is active meaning you can't type to the right hand edge of the screen. This was not the case in "normal view" previously. Is normal view in Word 2000 just this way, or is there some setting that I can alter to make it possible to use the full screen width. Thanks

P.S. I upgraded the monitor from 15" to 19" a few months back. Could this have something to do with it?

robbiepaul79 13:22 13 Jun 07

monitor size wouldnt effect this i wouldnt imagine, ive tried to replicate the problem but no luck so far

ambra4 22:34 16 Jun 07

The only way word would write to the end of page is if it is web page setting

Normal will write to page size 8.5

Go View click Ruler

Printer layout view would also only write to page size 8.5 the better layout to use for writing letters etc

Bottom left corner 4 small icons click on each one and you can see the difference on your display

myfoot 22:46 16 Jun 07

@ambra4: I know all that, about the 4 view icons at the lower left hand corner of window. But I was pretty sure that in previous version of Word, when one worked in "Normal View" the type would run all the way to the right hand side of window.

ambra4 22:52 16 Jun 07

Possible in 0ffice 97 but not 2000

myfoot 22:58 16 Jun 07

Well if everybody is "suffering" the same thing I'm OK with it. I just thought maybe something was odd with my setup, but apparently not.
All well that ends well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5