//some 3rd party need geo

Word 2000 Hyperlinks

May 1940 11:03 18 Aug 05

I have read somewhere on the Microsoft Knowledge Base that clicking on a hyperlink, albeit not to a web page, automatically displays the Web Toolbar in the window in which the linked document is opened. This has never happened until recently. A couple of days ago I enable and then disabled the Web Toolbar. Ever since that Toolbar appears each time I click on a hyperlink in Word. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to stop this from happening.

recap 16:04 18 Aug 05

If a you have disabled the web toolbar, I would think it has become corrupt. Try running the Detect and Repair option in the menu.

May 1940 15:05 19 Aug 05

Thanks for the suggestion recap. But, unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.

I assume when you say "Try running the Detect and Repair option in the menu", you are talking about the Tools menu in Word. I clicked on the Customise option on that menu and then the Toolbar tab. The dialogue box that appeared did not have a Detect and Repair option (nor could I find such an option in any of the other Word menus or by right-clicking on a hyperlink) There was, however, a Reset button which I clicked on after highlighting the Web Toolbar. This made the situation worse - not only did the Web Toolbar appear when I clicked on a hyperlink but it also appeared whenever I opened a template. System restore got rid of the new problem but not the old one.

VoG II 15:20 19 Aug 05

Detect and Repair is on the Help menu.

I have always found that the Web toolbar appears when clicking a hyperlink. As this has happened on many different computers using different versions of Word from 97 onwards, I had assumed that it was meant to happen.

May 1940 10:30 25 Aug 05

Hi VoG

Thank you for the location of Detect and Repair.

I note what you say about the unbidden appearance of the Web toolbar after clicking a hyperlink. If, like me, you want to stop this from happening, the Word Processing column in the Hands On section of the October 2005 edition of Personal Computer World (bottom of the first column on page 142) will tell you how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…