Word 2000 formatting - linking words together?

pmjd 14:37 10 Jul 04

Hi there,
I am currently writting a scientific essay. How can I get Word to link two words together and recognise them as one?
i.e. when I type the name of an organism like "E. coli" how can I get word to recognise that as a single word and not "E." and "coli"?

There is a way to do it but I was told 4 years ago and can't remember. It's more to keep the term together rather than having to do returns to keep it all on one line. Plays havoc with your formatting when you need to do re-writes.

Any help would be great.

bremner 15:05 10 Jul 04

Type it in, highlight it and right click, choose add.

It is now in your dictionary as a word.

VoG II 17:52 10 Jul 04

Type E then CRTL+SHIFT+SPACE then coli.

Not o157 I hope!

pmjd 22:29 10 Jul 04

Thank you bremner and VoG™ I'll try those out, though VoG™'s suggestion does ring a few bells:)

and VoG™ it's not O157 I'm working with, though I did about 5 years ago, I'm actually working on Candida albicans but thought everyone would know what E coli is.

Incase you want to but don't know Candida albicans causes thrush BUT can also be life threatening to anyone with an impaired immune system.

Most women do know what I mean (and usually take a step back) most men don't know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…