Word 2000 and envelope printing problem

newearwax 17:29 22 Oct 04

The start of my 'official'letters are in the form
[tab to ] My address

Recipient address [tab to] Date

To type envs I highlight Recipient address and choose 'Print'. Envelope is printed but the date which is nor highlighted is printed as well. What am I doing wrong? Printer is HP 5150.

newearwax 15:36 23 Oct 04

bump

Pidder 16:25 23 Oct 04

I print envelopes by copying the address to a separate wordpro document. Did you also see the recent post about highlighting part of a web page and when opening the printer choose "selection"? Works with my Epson 680 but haven't tried it with envelopes yet.

seedie 16:31 23 Oct 04

It looks as thought the date is on the same line as the first line of the recipient's address. Give the date a line on it's own.
Let us know how you get on.

CD

Ankermi31 16:49 23 Oct 04

Hi I highlight my address then click on Tools.envelopes and the address appears in the box. I then remove the address before giving it the go ahead. I get the address minus the date.

Epsom 740 colour printer

newearwax 18:25 23 Oct 04

Seedie, placing date on another line does work and thus is a way to avoid problem.

Ankermi, I'm sorry I don't get your reference to<<remove the address>>.

Basically why should an unhighlighted piece of text be caught up with the highlighted text when the address is printed? It makes no diffreence if I tab or space to date, mysterious!

seedie 19:23 23 Oct 04

looking at the problem another way. If the date is on the same line as the first line of the address, how are you able to select all lines of the address without selecting the date. Just tried this with Word 2000 and I can't do it.

CD

newearwax 19:55 23 Oct 04

I highlight backwards from bottom line of address to first. The date which stands several spaces to the right of bottom address line is not highlighted as I said above.

seedie 15:09 24 Oct 04

gogmagog.

Sorry I assumed the date was tabbed along from
1st address line. Just tried it with the date tabbed along the last address line and get the same thing. To be honest I don't really know why; perhaps the highlight is inferred :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…