Word 2000 causes Error Message.....

Chrisann 16:00 26 Feb 03

Every time I access my Word 2000 programme after a few minutes I get the following message appear on Screen;

Winword has caused an error in KERNAL 32.DLL. Winword will now close.

If you continue having problems please try restarting your computer.

This is really annoying me...
Any help please....

Chrisann.

powerless 16:08 26 Feb 03

Within word > Help > Detect and repair > Start...

cherria 16:16 26 Feb 03

And if that doesn't work then find the file normal.dot and rename it normal.old then restart word, many word problems come from corrupted normal template

desbest 18:18 26 Feb 03

Why not try using windows update but it's for Windows98+ only. Why should you rename normal.dot to normal.old .I think that you shouldn't! because I won't bother to type loads of words of why you should not do it, I won't. I think you could copy normal.dot because some viruses effect normal.dot. You should also contact Microsoft because a program of Microsoft's keeps on crashing.

cherria 19:10 26 Feb 03

Not sure I understand anything you've said.

You rename normal.dot as often it can become corrupt. By renaming it you force word to create a new clean version which clears many problems.

Windows update only provides updates for windows not for office products although you could look for updates for office 2000 on click here

cherria 19:11 26 Feb 03

Not sure I understand anything you've said.

You rename normal.dot as often it can become corrupt. By renaming it you force word to create a new clean version which clears many problems.

Windows update only provides updates for windows not for office products although you could look for updates for office 2000 on click here

Chrisann 14:48 27 Feb 03

Cherria
I have renamed the file as you suggested so will see what happens...I have also been finding though that recently when I try to print out a word page it starts to flash and i have to quit it... not sure if the problem is related though.???

Chrisann.

cherria 17:41 27 Feb 03

If that doesn't work, thought I hate to say it, your next step is probably an office uninstall/reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…