Word 2000

Spr 17:09 02 Nov 05

I am experience problems with Word 2000, when I click on the Icon I get the busy hour glass, then a message Word not responding. Then when I closed down I get a message Open Message Programme. Will the re- installing Word 2000 solve the problem.
I'm running Windows XP have 1029mb Ram

Curio 18:43 02 Nov 05

Go to Add/Remove programs. Click on Word and choose repair. Might sort it.

VoG II 18:48 02 Nov 05

Or it could be that the default document template is corrupt.

1. Quit all Office programs.

2. Click Start, and then click Search.

3. Under What do you want to search for?, click All files and folders.

4. In the All or part of the file name box, type Normal.dot.

In the Look in list, select My Computer.

5. Click Search.

6. In the right pane, right-click each Normal.dot Microsoft Word template, and then click Rename.

7. Type a new name (for example, OldNormal.dot), and then press ENTER.

8. Close the Search Results window.

9. Try starting Word.

Spr 21:59 02 Nov 05

I have tried re-naming and deleting Normal.dot files but the problem still remains

lotvic 01:30 03 Nov 05

Insert your CD and if it does not autorun go to: Start > Run > F:\SETUP.EXE (where F is your CD drive) and click on OK

Choose 'Repair' from the options menu that will appear

Djohn 01:39 03 Nov 05

Did you remember to re-boot after trying VoG™'s tip, it usually works. If not then using the method from lotvic should do the trick.

Easier way of repair though is to open word, go to the help icon on the toolbar and from the drop down menu choose "Detect & Repair", stick the disk in and it should do the job for you.

You may lose some of your updates, and of course your personal settings in Office but that will take only a minute or two to alter back again, none of your saved data will be altered or lost

Spr 10:29 03 Nov 05

Followed lotvic & Djohn advice everything seems OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…