Wooing Noise - PSU?

darren0814 23:59 29 Dec 14

Hi,

I have a wooing type noise coming from my PC - it mainly seems to happen when loading programs and also when clicking around on folders, also when letting go resizing windows causes the sound and also plugging in and unplugging usb devices also causes a quick version of the sound.

Is there anyway of narrowing down what is causing the sound?

I have tried various graphics drivers and fresh installs.

Here are the PC Specs:

Custom Built PC:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 WS

CPU: Intel i7-3930k 3.20Ghz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA QUADRO 600

Memory: Corsair 32GB

Samsung SSD

PSU: Corsair TX650M

Happy Holidays! And thank you for your help and time.

Best,

Darren

rdave13 07:49 30 Dec 14

Check the CPU temps when the noise happens. Could be dust clogged and needs cleaning. Thinking it's the CPU fan running fast trying to cool it.

spuds 09:59 30 Dec 14

I would not think that its the PSU, more like an hard-drive issue in the making. If this is the case, then make sure that you have 'back-ups' for any important work that you do not want to lose.

Remove the case cover, if you are able. Remember that there is 'alive' electricity inside the case, so be very careful what you touch. Then listen to where any noise might be coming from.

Another suggestion, is to check whether the case is standing level on the surface its intended to. I have known incident of 'noises' being caused, or made to sound louder, by cases not being placed on level surfaces.

daxian 10:41 30 Dec 14

lol....check out which theme sounds you have running !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…