wont update

ajs160n 08:06 AM 11 May 12

Cant install half of the latest windows updates (appx 80mg)Half went in but appx 8 updates wont. Tried with firewall and avast off.Windows module intaller turned on in services. Assume installer ok or others wouldnt have gone in.(On vista)Thanks

birdface 08:09 AM 11 May 12

Try updating them manually then pick one at a time to download.Maybe just the 1 bad one stopping the rest.

ajs160n 08:13 AM 11 May 12

Just this minute tried to instal singly. No good--Got it set to download automatically then I instal manually.

rdave13 09:18 AM 11 May 12

Some helpful info here.

ajs160n 10:44 AM 11 May 12

Have been thru microsoft fix its and it says that it has fixed things but still no change---

KRONOS the First 10:55 AM 11 May 12

Have you seen this? Vista.

ajs160n 18:18 PM 11 May 12

Prior to this event I had trouble deleting a program and now I find that I cannot install Microsoft anti virus and other various software, leading me to think that this is a windows installer issue---can anything be done with this installer--it is switched on to manual in services.

lotvic 22:51 PM 11 May 12

You could try the registry solution on ClickHereVista windows installer issue

birdface 22:51 PM 11 May 12

Normally a virus will stop you from downloading security programs.

Maybe give this a run to see if it finds any problems.It works very fast.

http://www.surfright.nl/en

Or try this installer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

Condom 23:23 PM 11 May 12

ajs160n

There appears to be a problem with one of this weeks updates, namely KB2676562 which will not install correctly and is stopping some of the others as well. If you untick this particular one you might find the rest will install OK.

I have no idea what the problem is as it installed OK on one of my machines but not my laptop.

ajs160n 10:09 AM 12 May 12

Condom--funnily enough that download went in ok?--Iam trying to system restore to an earlier date but I only have the option to go back a few days----according to what I read I should be given the option of a calender to pick a date but this doesnt come up

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone