Won't Start no display on Screen

JoeA 13:46 PM 30 Oct 12

After I thought my PSU had blown and I replaced it I found that neither my hard drive or graphics card worked. I tested these on another machine and they are both fine. However nothing works when plugged into their host computer, am I right in thinking that the PSU has blown the CPU and or Motherboard. The power on Red light is steady on the front of the case and the CPU fan works?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:51 PM 30 Oct 12

Certainly doesn't sound good, first check you have all the connections from the PSU to your motherboard plugged in correctly (4 pin plug near cpu?)

have you tried getting into the BIOS?

woodchip 15:00 PM 30 Oct 12

Have you checked the New PSU connectors with the old and have you connected them as above post for Graphics card and CPU

JoeA 15:02 PM 30 Oct 12

Fruitbat/\O/\

I get nothing on the monitor so can't see if I can get into the bios. Cheers

JoeA 15:03 PM 30 Oct 12

Woodchip, Connections all OK. Cheers

bumpkin 15:37 PM 30 Oct 12

It may sound obvious but check that you have not disturbed the monitor cable when changing PSU. Is there anything on the screen at all or is dead as if no power?

woodchip 16:01 PM 30 Oct 12

As you say I think its blown at least the CPU, motherboard may have survived

bumpkin 17:11 PM 30 Oct 12

Why would a new PSU blow the CPU? not trying to hijack Joes thread as I am sure he would be as interested to know as I am.

woodchip 18:26 PM 30 Oct 12

Not the New PSU the Old one did it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:11 PM 30 Oct 12

TRy one memstick at a time

if still same

try remove refit CPU and reboot.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites