Wont save password in Outlook 2002

2stroketim 20:06 05 Mar 10

Hi,
Wonder if you can help, Outlook wont save my password when i do send/receive - I've save the p/w in the account and ticked the box remember password however next time I boot up out look I have to go through the same process -
My O/S is Vista if this helps, Any ideas please ?
Thanks
Tim

Taff™ 20:27 05 Mar 10

Outlook 2002 (XP) isn`t compatible with Vista. It is the only part of MS Office 2002 that isn`t in my experience. I do have a work round but I`ll have to look it up and may not get back to you until tomorrow morning - I long since forgot how to do it and I still use Outlook 2002 with Vista however you must run AutoHotKey to open Outlook which puts the passwords back in every launch.

Be patient, unless someone can find my original post in the forum!

Taff™ 07:38 06 Mar 10

Found it click here and look at my post of 31/10/07.

Basically AutoHotKey records your actions so you start recording from the desktop, open Outlook and then go to Tools>e-Mail Accounts and manually put in the passwords for each account you have before stopping the recording of your actions. You then save the file to your desktop and use that to open Outlook rather than the Outlook Icon. It will repeat your actions exactly. A few seconds delay but no need then to re-enter the passwords again until you reboot Outlook.

Hope that helps.

2stroketim 20:35 06 Mar 10

GREAT - thank you

Taff™ 22:57 08 Mar 10

Let us know if it worked for you, bearing in mind that it was a couple of years ago when I wrote that. If it all still works please mark the thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…