won't print ?

cheekybaldy2 23:20 19 Aug 04

Dear All
For some strange reason unknown to me, my Canon BJ4300 printer refuses to print. It reads printer ready on the default printer but when I try printing a document, nothing, only a message pops up saying document has not printed.
I have tried a spare printer BJ2000 and tried changing the cable but nothing. The printer sets itself up on booting the PC but no printing.
It did start once after restarting the computer but now just sits there. Cheers from Chunky

Androcles 23:51 19 Aug 04

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer driver? Regards.

cheekybaldy2 23:57 19 Aug 04

tried removing printer then reinstalling it. No luck

Androcles 00:33 20 Aug 04

OK,I've had a look at the manual for your printer
and like most of them it's not very edifiying.
Have you done these four steps:-
1.Checked your cable connections to computer.
2.Installed/reinstalled latest driver.
3.Checked computer configuration. ie.set canon BJC 4300 as default printer.
4.Checked your BJC printer cartridge.Regards.

cheekybaldy2 19:45 20 Aug 04

changed cable, updated driver,tried another printer and checked default printer. The printer when turned on beeps a few times and flashes with an orange light instead of the green, so something is amiss.

Terry Brown 19:59 20 Aug 04

Silly Question, but have you looked at printer properties, and if so , is the printed set to pause mode?.if so clear,with any luck the printer will start.

cheekybaldy2 20:08 20 Aug 04

Thanks Androcles,
You've just put an idea into my thick scull. The cartridge head !! Ive put an old one in the printer and it seems to work. I was looking at cables and software rather than the ink cartridge. Have to use my head better next time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…