Won't maximise window

benson68 19:28 06 Mar 06

I'm occasionally having trouble with windows that don't open full screen, & they also have the maximise icon "greyed" out.
There's a grocery magazine, for instance, that is unreadable as it is only about half-screen size.
There must be someway to alter this, as I spoke to the staff at this grocers, & they say that theirs opens full-screen.

watchful 19:57 06 Mar 06

Have you tried 'stretching' the screen from the edges with your cursor on the arrows?

stalion 22:13 06 Mar 06

drag all four sides to the edge of the screen and close the screen useing the file close and not the red x in the top right hand corner

Methedrine 12:53 07 Mar 06

Double left click the title bar.

watchful 13:22 07 Mar 06

Thanks for that. It's faster than 'stretching' if the maximize tab doesn't work :o)

Methedrine 15:02 07 Mar 06

Please tick as resolved.

watchful 16:10 07 Mar 06

I can't.....it's not my thread :o)

benson68 18:23 08 Mar 06

Tried stretching -won't work.
Also double clicking title bar won't work.
When you "hover" around the corners, the double headed arrows appear, but don't work either!
This doesn't happen with every window, so I can't understand why it does with a couple of windows. As I've said, I've spoken to other customers / staff, & they don't have this problem, so it's not the site.

benson68 18:27 08 Mar 06

Just to clarify the situation, I go onto the site,which opens in full screen, go to "click on here to view the mail offers" and it only opens up in a partial screen, with the "maximise" icon greyed out.

woodchip 18:48 08 Mar 06

It sounds like a program that as the resolution lower than your screen res

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos