Won't come out of stand-by

dagbladet 19:44 22 Aug 05

When I jiggle the mouse to rouse my machine from stand-by it gets as far as the background picture (wallpaper) and thats it, no icons, no task bar. This has only started since I used the recovery CD, which was otherwise succesful in removing the 'clunkiness' that had crept in to the old beast over a couple of years.

XP home, Athlon 2600+, NVIDIA geforce mx 440.

Not the end of the world I know but irritating to have to keep restarting the PC. Any help appreciated, thanks.

woodchip 19:50 22 Aug 05

You need to go to power management disable Hard Disc shut down by choosing Never from List

dagbladet 19:57 22 Aug 05

Thanks for the reply Woodchip. However, 'never' is already selected.

dagbladet 23:55 22 Aug 05

^

DieSse 01:05 23 Aug 05

If there's a screensaver in operation, try disabling it. There can be a conflict between screensavers and power saving mode in some circumstances.

For a proper fix, you may have to update the motherboard drivers and the graphics card drivers - make sure you get the latest ones from the relevant manufacturers web sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…