won't boot up....

steviekill 20:37 03 Mar 03

Hello techies I hope you can help,

I switched my computer on today and got the following error messages :

Invalid Systems Disk
Replace disk

Is this asking for the boot disk and what has caused this - currupt registry.

How do i boot my computer up, step by step.

All comments are welcome. THankyou

he he :-) 20:49 03 Mar 03

do u have a floppy disk in the disk drive? mine does thit if u leave 1 in by accident. what os u have?

tps 17:38 04 Mar 03

No it is not if left a disk in your floppy drive when your pc loads it will halt and give you this message or if you are trying to boot your pc using a disk you may have not put in the right disk for your pc to start

NT Server 22:43 05 Mar 03

What OS are you using? If you have a start up disk use that to boot to the A:\ prompt and try and change it to the c:\ prompt(just type c:\) if it says it as failed then the most likly cause is your hard disk as failed. The other things it could be are a duff ide cable or worse a faulty motherboard.

woodchip 22:54 05 Mar 03

If Win98 start with your Win startup floppy at the prompt type scanreg/restore it should look like this

A:\>scanreg/restore then press enter choose an old date to restore from and press enter and restart computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…