System spec
MSI K7N2GM-IL main board
Athlon skt A XP2400+
16x DVD Rom
52x CDRW
512mb PC2700 ram
128 mb ATI Graphics
80GBide HDD

I have a 2 year old Aries Performa pro 5000 (Savastore built) pc which has recently begun to cause problems. Although the Windows Xp was activated via the phone from new it had begun to remind me that activation was required, it had worked fine to now,. 3 days ago it began asking if I would like to activate windows before I log on, on clicking yes it logs me off back to the options page. No matter what I did, it always returned to the logon screen. Yesterday it refused to play full stop. I had thought that I would do a repair on windows using the restore disk, booting from the CD. Nothing, I can hear the fans running up but the screen remains blank in standby mode, just the power light flashing. I’ve tried different (known working) memory and a graphics card but still no joy.
There have been no recent changes to the system.there are no post beeps of any kind. Any suggestions out there?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:37 18 Aug 06

Sounds like a faulty PSU

damnthispc 22:42 18 Aug 06

Can these be tested with a meter?

damnthispc 11:57 23 Aug 06

is it possible to test a PSU?

vinnyT 14:32 23 Aug 06
  woodchip 14:37 23 Aug 06

Can you restore System back to before the Problem?????

damnthispc 19:10 23 Aug 06

Vinny T
thanks I'll try that carefully.
Woodchip
Can't even get it to start let alone sys restore

woodchip 19:11 23 Aug 06

What not even Safe Mode?

woodchip 19:14 23 Aug 06

You can test With MultiTester, By Back probing the ATX socket with power on. Volts and pin out click here Put Black prob to case red in back of the pin you are checking, All low volts no 240 volts. Check with the pinout above

damnthispc 19:16 23 Aug 06

It won't do anything, not a sausage, just sits there and hums away (fans) with monitor power light blinking

damnthispc 19:16 23 Aug 06

It won't do anything, not a sausage, just sits there and hums away (fans) with monitor power light blinking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…