Wondows Me Re-install Woes

pjwheeldon 00:17 06 Oct 04

My nephew, wanting to be helpful, tried to correct a problem with Outlook Express by uninstalling it, then reinstalling from the Windows Me disk. Not sure what happended exactly, but was asked for the product code which he could not find. Tried to cancel installation but this did not work so shut down. Now when he boots up gets an install screen, and can't proceed any further. Tried to use system restore in safe mode, but told it is not available. Any suggestions or comments from the gang?

johnnyrocker 00:24 06 Oct 04

unless any of the more learned here know better i would think your 'helpful' nephew has attempted to re install me from the disk, if i am wrong and you can resolve that bit, what in my opinion should have done is to delete and recreate the e mail account and not the program you may well find you have lost everything but i do hope not.

pjwheeldon 00:40 06 Oct 04

Think you are correct, he did partially re-install windows. The problem with OE was just a missing dll which I had ready for him! As to his product key, I should have said that that issue is that he has managed to lose the case the disk came in, and with it the code. Hence he was unable to finish the re-install and is now caught in limbo

^wave^ 08:20 06 Oct 04

sounds like a reinstall to me what he should have done was a ie repair

brian-284840 16:31 06 Oct 04

Don't know if this will help,but as crx1600 suggested the product code could be found at the back of the pc tower,I had the same problem,and that 's where I found it .

brian-284840 16:36 06 Oct 04

Not PC related.

But is that a Honda?

pjwheeldon 09:36 07 Oct 04

Yes, 'fraid it was on the CD case, but good suggestion. Think I am going to wipe the HD, install 98, then upgrade to XP, and then used Admin. privileges to restrict dear nephew's access to installation!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…