wonderpopup

acemark 11:52 15 Sep 03

Hi folks. I've recently been getting annoyed by advertising pop up messages "generated by a trial version of wonderpopup direct desktop advertising software" from click here Anyone know how to stop this happening? Every time I connect to the web I get a screen with some dialogue on it and the message above. I know it's easy enough to close the screen but hey, if I wanted that kind of thing I'd have downloaded it!!!!! Of course it's quite possible it's something to do with my service supplier, or home page or summatt else. I just want rid of it. ANY ideas folks???

Jester2K II 12:36 15 Sep 03

Windows XP??

Is it just a grey screen with text or are there pictures?

Does it have the title Windows Messenger Service?

Jester2K II 12:42 15 Sep 03

Download Stop Windows Messenger Spam at click here Free fix to stop this software and others that target you with the Messenger Service.....

-pops- 12:49 15 Sep 03

Just thinking: If this is a trial version of something new, I wonder if they've found a new way around popup blockers?

Jester2K II 12:53 15 Sep 03

If you go onto their website its a progrma used by Spammers to send Messages via the Windows Messenger Serive. Its not running on acemark's PC or a popup window. Theres even a screen shot on the website.

-pops- 13:00 15 Sep 03

Oh!

I won't be paying a visit to their website as, years ago (in the early days of W95), I did a similar thing and just an innocent click to enter for more detail caused a deluge of rubbish to be downloaded. This required a reformat and reinstall.

Once bitten etc.....

acemark 01:41 16 Sep 03

Thanks Jester, I installed the program and am hoping that's sorted it. Neat site you got there btw :-)

acemark 22:46 17 Sep 03

Sorted :-)

kinger 23:03 17 Sep 03

Or go to 'run' type: Services.msc, hit return.

Go to Messenger and then right click on it, select Properties.

Click 'disable' and you'll get no more of those annoying ads. You may need to reboot afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…