Won on the lottery - best PC to buy?

compumac 02 Oct 12

I have won twice on the National Lottery in the past two weeks, and would ask as to recommendations for the best PC to purchase. I work on Excel Spreadsheets, Word documents, browse the internet and e-mail mainly. I do not bother with games.

Nontek 02 Oct 12

Snap! Me too, but I had already recently bought a nice new laptop - from Novatech, a NNB-929H (i5 2450M - 4Gb - 500Gb - Win7, to which I have added a further 4Gb RAM.

Nontek 02 Oct 12

In addition to the laptop, I purchased the Pro versions of my favorite Software including PDF Converter Pro and the complete latest Nero.

Woolwell 02 Oct 12
  Woolwell 02 Oct 12

ps That was for desktops. For a laptop try a Macbook.

wee eddie 03 Oct 12

I won last week ~~~ But only a Tenner! ~~~ Back to the Drawing Board.

p.s. If you had just won the lottery ~~~~ you'd have some Flunky doing your Spread Sheets for you.

Nontek 03 Oct 12

wee eddie

There are 'wins' and there are 'wins', in my case it was a handsome four-figure sum, followed by a very good two-figure sum, but not enough to be life-changing!

But I don't have any worries this year about meeting all my heating bills etc.

wee eddie 03 Oct 12

Have you thought of going Mac.

That 27" All-in-One with M$ Office-for-Mac has to be the Game Maker.

compumac 03 Oct 12

wee eddie Two x £2.50 is not enough to employ a flunky,- come to that it will only buy two coffees. I might have to lower my sights for a new PC for the time being. As Nontek says "there are wins and there are wins", mine nust have been the second one. BUT - I am on a winning streak!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message