Won on the lottery - best PC to buy?

compumac 22:11 PM 02 Oct 12

I have won twice on the National Lottery in the past two weeks, and would ask as to recommendations for the best PC to purchase. I work on Excel Spreadsheets, Word documents, browse the internet and e-mail mainly. I do not bother with games.

Nontek 22:17 PM 02 Oct 12

Snap! Me too, but I had already recently bought a nice new laptop - from Novatech, a NNB-929H (i5 2450M - 4Gb - 500Gb - Win7, to which I have added a further 4Gb RAM.

Nontek 22:33 PM 02 Oct 12

In addition to the laptop, I purchased the Pro versions of my favorite Software including PDF Converter Pro and the complete latest Nero.

Woolwell 22:55 PM 02 Oct 12
  Woolwell 22:55 PM 02 Oct 12

ps That was for desktops. For a laptop try a Macbook.

wee eddie 00:14 AM 03 Oct 12

I won last week ~~~ But only a Tenner! ~~~ Back to the Drawing Board.

p.s. If you had just won the lottery ~~~~ you'd have some Flunky doing your Spread Sheets for you.

Nontek 07:59 AM 03 Oct 12

wee eddie

There are 'wins' and there are 'wins', in my case it was a handsome four-figure sum, followed by a very good two-figure sum, but not enough to be life-changing!

But I don't have any worries this year about meeting all my heating bills etc.

wee eddie 08:42 AM 03 Oct 12

Have you thought of going Mac.

That 27" All-in-One with M$ Office-for-Mac has to be the Game Maker.

compumac 08:47 AM 03 Oct 12

wee eddie Two x £2.50 is not enough to employ a flunky,- come to that it will only buy two coffees. I might have to lower my sights for a new PC for the time being. As Nontek says "there are wins and there are wins", mine nust have been the second one. BUT - I am on a winning streak!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites