Wolfenstein with NVidia GeForce 4 graphics card.

Flopper 20:33 02 Oct 03

I have probably asked this question before a long time ago.
I have reinstalled Wolfenstein on a PC well up to the job of playing the above, on which I am sure I have played before, with Win2K, 256mb of SDRam and a 32mb NVidia GeForce 4 graphics card with a very recent driver, but when I start the game in Single Player mode (the only way I play, being sad and lonely) I get the a dialogue box pop up with a variety of messages, the main heading being:
'GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem'.
Any ideas ?

Mundy 21:50 02 Oct 03

Is this any use click here

Since PCA closed the Gamesroom most of the gamers from PCA have moved to click here.

Flopper 10:24 03 Oct 03

That site was useful.
I downloaded the latest graphics and DirectX drivers and progressed (?) slightly in that instead of the 'errror message' re OpenGL I got a completely black screen but there was obviously activity as the screen stayed on.
Going on to the site you pointed to suggested amongst other things to turn my Desktop resolution down to 640 x 480 and Wolfenstein loaded OK. At a guess the driver download was possibly unnecessary, the fix was the resolution change ?

Many thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…