wobbly picture on monitor - Help please

DW9047 19:54 12 Jul 03

Booting up my Mothers PC, the picture on the screen is wobbling like jelly. How can I stop this.
Win 98

Thanks in advance.

Valvegrid 19:57 12 Jul 03

Have you got any power supplies near the monitor, for instance the printer PSU, if so try moving them futher away.

Paul.

wee eddie 20:04 12 Jul 03

The usual cause is a pair of unshielded speakers, but one of my staff's grandfather had brought his Max/Min thermometer, in from the greenhouse and put in on top of the monitor. This has a small magnet to reset the bars and was causing the screen to deform.

I hope that this does not confuse the issue.

STREETWORK 20:09 12 Jul 03

on your monitor you may have buttons to enter the monitor menu system. If so find the Deauss option and select it. This may cure the problem.

If this does not work try and find out what software has been installed recently, some games or screen savers may change you monitor settings. If this is the case right click anywhere on an empty space on the screen and select properties-setting-advanced, this will allow you to alter the screen settings. Some offer the settings to be set at default which is a good place to start.

If no joy there its worth checking the driver for the graphics card and updating it, also check the plugs and possibly the card is seated properly in the case.

VoG II 20:16 12 Jul 03

It could even be electrical equipment next door if the 'puter is situated near an adjoining wall.

DW9047 21:42 12 Jul 03

Thanks all,

Found out the problem, it went away when the microwave in the next room ( adjoining room ) was turned off. Never experienced this before, But now know for future.

Thanks all.

STREETWORK 20:38 14 Jul 03

How old is the microwave. Some early models had recalls due to more magnetic shielding. Check with the manufacturer.

geordiejag 18:01 15 Jul 03

I was getting something like this,as if the picture was vibrating,i tried one of the tips out of pc advisor to raise the refresh rate ,and it cured it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…