Wndows Update Q819696 downloads everyday!!

lemon2 02:01 06 Aug 03

I run a dual booted Win 98Se\WinXP with IE6 SP1 installed.

I have Windows Updates set to automatic. I suppose it must have been about a fortnight ago. The little bubble on the taskbar popped up asking if I would like to install the updates. Which I duly installed. One of them being Internet Security Update Q819696.

The following day, it downloaded again, I installed again. And the next day, and the next. Is there something wrong with it and Microsoft keep updating it daily, I seem to installing Q819696 every day. Only an hour ago, I was asked if I wanted to install Q819696.

Anyone else experienced this?

-pops- 06:03 06 Aug 03

Turn off the automatic updater.

I do not allow anyone free access to my machine - including Microsoft. Even they have been known to produce rubbish updates and security patches that cause more trouble than they may cure.

What I do is check the update site weekly(ish) for the updates available. I also check here to see if anyone has had problems with installing anything that is new on the list.

If the update is not relevant to my setup or if there are problems reported, I don't download - simple as that.

lemon2 07:01 06 Aug 03

Thanks -Pops-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…