wmspdmoe.dll

geeza 11:09 31 Jan 06

This has only just happened, but when I run my anti-virus check (macaffee) it now hangs when it reaches this dll file. Apart from this all seems ok with my pc. The dll file I believe is something to do with windows media player, it also hangs when I run ms spyware, any ideas guys.

geeza 12:08 31 Jan 06

bump

Skyver 13:46 31 Jan 06

Found in Windows\system32 - 936960 bytes if your system is XP SP2 and up-to-date.
Have you run a disk-check? Startmenu/run, type `chkdsk`.

geeza 14:13 31 Jan 06

Have run chkdsk all seems ok have also run homecall from trend and all ok also run stinger and although it took some time to check out wmspdmoe.dll and wmspdmod.dll it went through without finding anything wrong

Skyver 14:16 31 Jan 06

Can you rename the file temporarily before running a Mcafee scan?

geeza 15:26 31 Jan 06

Skyver

Thanks got to go out now but will give it a try later.

geeza 23:39 31 Jan 06

I am unable to rename this file, when I click the file it just hangs the pc...could I delete it using the command del from the run box?

Skyver 23:56 31 Jan 06

You can try,sounds like a weird problem. Try putting the (possibly older) copy from system32\dllcache in it's place if you manage to remove it. Windows File Protection may prevent you deleting it at all. It's "Windows Media Audio 9 Voice Encoder" if that's any help - download WMP9 and try installing it over the `old` files. Try the first suggestion in Safe Mode before you do that though.

geeza 11:43 01 Feb 06

Skyver
managed to rollback windows media player and remove kb891122 update and anti virus working again. It would seem that an update to media player 10 has caused these problems, ms not much help. thanks for your input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant