WMP9 error d/l codecs, slow web browser on bb

luvpup 18:06 29 Jan 03

First of all, thanks to Edstow, Rayuk, Installer, Lutze for your help yesterday on flashing my bios, after numerous reboots, and floppy boots and EZbios install/uninstall etc. I now have my 80 GB HDD installed, thanks a stack, this is a cool help service......

My new problem is this, I have numerous movies that I wanna watch, got wmp9, got the latest codecs packs, nimco, divx etc., when I start some of the movies, wmp9 shows "sending request for codecs", about 10 secs later, it shows "error downloading codecs", then proceeds to play the file with sound, but no pic, wot up?

Also, I have bb with ntl, had correctconnect installed, found very slow, but not too bad. Read about correctconnect being crap and got cybertweak, ran the test, d/l speed 73Kb/s, WOW!, but my web browser takes so long to get show pages, that sometimes they actually time-out, and it says "the page could not be displayed". I have since unistalled cybertweak and reinstalled correct connect, but still as slow, good file d/l rate tho'.

Your views on this would be appreciated.

ellas 19:28 29 Jan 03

try here,this fix has worked for many click here

ellas 19:31 29 Jan 03

forgot to say I get same codecs error when playing movie files recorded from vcr,they still play though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…