WMP12 opens to Now Playing Screen?

rastaman25 23:00 05 Jul 10

Hi,

Everytime I open WMP12, I get a brief glance of the Library, before the window goes straight to the blue now playing screen.

I have looked through options in the settings, tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Windows Features, and also tried appending the open library command to the shortcut - but for the life of me I can't remember what this was - it was added after the prefetch command.

I've googled, and those were the only two solutions that I could find, so if anyone could help me solve this issue, I'd be eternally grateful.

Rastaman

northumbria61 13:50 06 Jul 10

I would suggest you to check for an option in Windows Media Player if it is enabled or disabled. Follow the below mentioned steps and check-

1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.
If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button in the upper-right corner of the Player.
2. In the Player Library, click Organize. Click Options.
3. Select the tab Player from the multiple tabs and under the option Player settings uncheck the option “Keep Now Playing on top of other windows“.

If the issue persists disable and then enable Windows Media Player from Windows on or off features option under Media features and check if this resolves the issue.

rastaman25 18:53 06 Jul 10

Thanks, but I'm afraid I have already tried that solution and to no avail.

P.s - I swear I read that word to word on a MS help page? :P

northumbria61 20:28 06 Jul 10

Maybe - But I didn't !

rastaman25 23:50 06 Jul 10

Well, now WMP had a fit and decided all my files wouldn't play. Restarted and they came back, but seriously Microsoft, WTH?!?!

Anyways, to cut the story short, I've decided to opt for XBMC instead, which seems to suit my needs and is actually a lot nicer than WMP12.

Thanks Northumbria for your help! :)

rastaman25 19:26 10 Jul 10

One week later, everything is still fine for both the phone and the internet connection! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5