WMP11 slow playback of DVDs

Andrew-1143022 10:39 25 Mar 08

I see that many others have experienced a similar problem with WMP11 but I haven't found and answer that has worked for me.

Windows Media Player 11 suddenly stopped playing DVDs properly. Video and audio are slow and choppy. I tried rollback to v10 - same problem. Re-upgraded to v11. No change. I have tried many of the suggestions in this forum including DMA settings, and downloading KLite codec pack (how exactly do I use that with WMP?), and VLC video player. These alternative players all show the same problem, as does the built-in Cyberlink Power DVD. Can anyone shed any light? I am Running Windows XP SE. Many thanks.

Stuartli 10:54 25 Mar 08

Check from WMP11's Tools>Options>File Types tab that all the boxes are checked.

Whilst you are configuring the K-Lite pack during the installation, just choose WMP11 as the Default player.

There's a new Full and Mega version of K-Lite Codec Packs out today. See:

click here

ACOLYTE 14:29 25 Mar 08

I have found WMP of any version to be a bit choppy for DVD playback,i never use it anymore i got K-lite and set all options to use the classic player and it works like a charm.

Andrew-1143022 18:07 25 Mar 08

Thanks for your suggestions. I reinstalled KLite and configured it as you described... but DVD video and audio still runs slow. I previously tried using the classic player... same problem.

I forgot to mention that high CPU usage seems to be part of the problem. Any more thoughts. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…