wmp11

rdave13 15:54 26 Dec 06

Having problems with wmp11. Been taking some videos of the kiddies and when I run the avi files on wmp11 they always run in "wide screen" mode. Everything is short and wide. Looked in the video properties and shows aspect ratio 4:3 and video size 320x420.
Other players play them ok. Even older videos play in the wide-screen format. I've done something to the settings but for the life of me can't work it out. I like wmp as you can adjust the contrast, hue etc. One thing is I've noticed that the video icon is of a piece of film instead of the wmp "e" icon. I've even rolled back to the 10 version and updated back. Any help gratefully accepted.

GEEKSTA 18:36 26 Dec 06

have you tried right clicking on the video while being played and snooped around there?

rdave13 18:58 26 Dec 06

Thanks GEEKSTA, tried everything including that. Can't see a setting to play the vids at 4:3 even though wmp shows it at that. I've even deleted Itunes incase there was a corruption there.

GEEKSTA 21:02 26 Dec 06

just a thought
how big is your monitor?
if its bug then maby it streches the picture?

rdave13 21:27 26 Dec 06

17" tft. All other players, ie winamp,vcl media player,Div -x play the video files ok. Even the much maligned real player playes them!
Banging head here. Can't see anywhere to adjust the format.

David4637 13:43 28 Dec 06

WMM will play the video in the mode the video was taken. If taken in wide screen they will play back in wide. It will determine this on the first scene that it encodes. David

rdave13 14:11 29 Dec 06

Took my cd backup to another pc which played them ok in wmp11. The backup cd on my pc plays in that widescreen effect. Must have changed a setting somehow. Any advice please.

rdave13 17:08 30 Dec 06

Found the answer. The avi files were running at 4:3 that's why it looked stretched. In wmp11 clicked on the "now playing" dropdown menu > more options > devices > display > properties and adjusted the circle to configure. Mystery to me how this was changed in the first place.
Thanks for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…