wmp11

realist 13:36 22 Dec 06

I dislike wmp11 because:

1. It randomly displays incorrect album art, nearly every other cover is shown as Siren:Roxy Music! There doesn't seem to be an easy way round this.

2. No track timings are displayed in the list pane.

If I delete in add/remove does it automatically revert to wmp10?

Cheers

kev-a 13:47 22 Dec 06

I don't like Album art full stop as i haven't found a program that profeses to be able to find me some then gets it wrong.
Even Sony's Sonic stage is useless at this task..

I found WMP 11 not to my liking but things move on and i think uninstalling said program will only delay the inevitable. :(

.:?:. 17:53 22 Dec 06

wmp 11, for me works well except for a few niggles.

If you want to remove it, follow Microsoft's method;

click here

birdface 18:49 22 Dec 06

WMP, Just a waste of time , you get that many problems with it,And if you dont have a proper decoder you cannot watch DVDs, Try this click here Plays any type of DVD and its free.

realist 18:54 22 Dec 06

buteman
Thanks, but we really mainly use wmp as a music jukebox as you can simply right-click the music folder and play it all however you like.
Don't generally play dvd's.

Ptolemy 19:04 22 Dec 06

I tried wmp11 - hated it for the reasons given above and uninstalled (add/remove prgrams reverts to wmp10) then thought about it and gave it another go.

For the art stuff Cut-and-paste the jpg for to the slot in wmp11. It's a pian to start with, but if you keep it up to date it's OK.

realist 20:07 22 Dec 06

Yes, it's a pity you can't turn-off the Album Art option (greyed-out) I don't really want it anyway.

Ptolemy 20:33 22 Dec 06

I Library go to "View Options" (left of the serach panel) and select "Details". It turns off the album art.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…