WMP10.....is it worth it?

Madscot_uk 14:54 09 Aug 05

Currrently have WMP9 with a variety of codecs etc intalled which i have no problems with. I keep getting the 'windows media update is avaliable...' popup, will upgrading be worth it....apart from being able to rip to mp3 (which i do with another prog anyway) or is it most likely to be a case of "if it 'aint bust, dont fix it"?

Cheers

field divison 15:10 09 Aug 05

If it aint bust dont try and fix it, I have had WMP10 on my desktop and laptop and it caused nothing but problems with my nero,it got to a point that I couldn't watch any films, so I wasted more time trying to revert back than it did to load it on...

Stuartli 16:15 09 Aug 05

WMP10 will use the same codecs as you already have installed.

I've personally had no problems with WMP10 but if you do install it, create a System Restore point so that you can revert back if necessary.

I certainly prefer it to RealPlayer, which has to be pruned back drastically configuration wise in order to make it do what you want rather than Real.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…