WMP10 Error-Cannot play dvd(copyright protection)

mulva42 18:05 19 Apr 05

Hi everyone,
Im receiveing an error on my windows media player 10 which I never got before, When I try and play a dvd it gives an error:(windows media player cannot play the dvd because a problem occurred while configuring cpyright protection). O/S is xp pro and have all the latest updates installed.I cant do a system restore although I have activated it,think its due to lack of space on HD,I have 11G space left and I beleive you need 13, so thats restore out of the window.The only thing I can think of is the windows update I did last week somthing jogs my memory about copyright being mentioned on MS web site.oooh I also have Nero 6 with all the latest updates too, The dvd hardware is a multi recorder which until now has been fine. Just for the record I uninstalled WMP10 and went back to 9 but still get the same error.

Many thanks
Mulva42

rubella 18:42 19 Apr 05

C00D1167

click here

mulva42 18:57 19 Apr 05

Your DVD decoder software needs to be configured. If you have another DVD player program installed on your computer, play the DVD using that program, and then try playing the DVD in Windows Media Player again.
I have tried this and also have a decoder/plug in installed, My Nero ShowTime no longer works either.looks as though I might have to load an new one...

Stuartli 19:35 19 Apr 05

Have you also enabled DVD from WMP's Tools>File Types?

mulva42 12:34 25 Apr 05

Dvd is enabled through Wmp tools. I tried an uninstall to player 9 but still getting the same error. seems to be a common problem as 3 work mates came into work with the exact same problem. Im not sure if I do a total uninstall of Nero and media player and do a fresh install from scratch that this would help..

mulva42 12:26 26 Apr 05

Bump

mulva42 15:51 28 Apr 05

Fixed,,,uninstalled All nero applications and went back to media player 9 and hey presto....dvd playing again, all I need to do now is either chance loading nero back on or try using other burning software. but the main thing is i can watch films again..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…